Correção intracardíaca da tetralogia de Fallot no primeiro ano de vida: resultados a curto e médio prazos

Correção intracardíaca da tetralogia de Fallot no primeiro ano de vida: resultados a curto e médio prazos

Alternative title Intracardiac correction of tetralogy of Fallot in the first year of life: short-term and midium-term results
Author Moraes Neto, Fernando Ribeiro De Autor UNIFESP Google Scholar
Santos, Cleusa Cavalcanti Lapa Google Scholar
Moraes, Carlos Roberto Ribeiro De Google Scholar
Institution Universidade Federal de São Paulo (UNIFESP)
Instituto do Coração de Pernambuco
Universidade Federal de Pernambuco Departamento de Cirurgia do Centro de Ciências da Saúde
Abstract OBJECTIVE: To evaluate short-term and medium-term results of intracardiac correction of Tetralogy of Fallot in the first year of life. METHODS: From January 1996 to October 2004, 67 consecutive infants ranging in age from 1 to 11 months (mean: 7.2 months) and weighing from 4 to 10 kilograms (mean: 7.1 kilograms) underwent elective total correction of Tetralogy of Fallot. The surgery was accomplished with conventional cardiopulmonary bypass and moderate hypothermia. Right ventriculotomy was performed in 60 (89.5%) cases and an atriopulmonary approach was used in the other seven (10.5%) cases. RESULTS: Cardiopulmonary bypass time ranged from 35 to 147 minutes (mean: 78.8 ± 21 minutes), and aortic clamping time ranged from 25 to 86 minutes (mean: 51.8 ± 15.6 minutes). Transannular enlargement of the right ventricular outflow tract was needed in 50 (64.1%) patients. Gradient between the right ventricle and pulmonary artery after correction varied from 0 to 54 mmHg (mean: 15.5 ± 10.8 mmHg). There were two (2.98%) early deaths. Follow-up of the 65 survivors ranged from 7 to 115 months (mean:44.0 ± 35 months). There was one late noncardiac death. All other patients are asymptomatic. The actuarial survival curve at 12 years, including operative mortality, was 97%. Ten patients were evaluated by magnetic nuclear angioresonance. CONCLUSIONS: Intracardiac correction of Tetralogy of Fallot in the first year of life may be performed with low morbidity and mortality and good late results.

OBJETIVO: Avaliar os resultados a curto e médio prazos da correção intracardíaca da tetralogia de Fallot no primeiro ano de vida. MÉTODOS: De janeiro de 1996 a outubro de 2004, 67 crianças com idade variando de 1 a 11 meses (média: 7,2 meses) e pesando entre 4 a 10 quilos (média: 7,1 kg) foram eletivamente submetidas a correção intracardíaca da tetralogia de Fallot. A cirurgia foi realizada com circulação extracorpórea convencional e hipotermia moderada. Ventriculotomia direita foi realizada em 60 (89,5%) casos e em sete (10,5%) utilizou-se a abordagem do defeito pela via atriopulmonar. RESULTADOS: O tempo de circulação extracorpórea variou de 35 a 147 minutos (média:78,8 ± 21 minutos), e o tempo de pinçamento da aorta variou de 25 a 86 minutos (média: 51,8 ± 15,6 minutos). Ampliação transanular da via de saída do ventrículo direito foi necessária em 50 (64,1%) casos. O gradiente entre o ventrículo direito e a artéria pulmonar, após a correção, variou de 0 a 54 mmHg (média: 15,5 ± 10,8 mmHg). Ocorreram dois (2,98%) óbitos no pós-operatório imediato. O seguimento tardio variou de 7 a 115 meses (média: 44,0 ± 35 meses). Houve uma morte tardia não-cardíaca. Todos os outros pacientes estão assintomáticos. A curva de sobrevida actuarial, incluindo a mortalidade operatória, revelou que a probabilidade de sobrevida, 12 anos após a operação, é de 97%. Dez pacientes foram avaliados por angiorresonânia magnética nuclear. CONCLUSÕES: A correção intracardíaca da tetralogia de Fallot no primeiro ano de vida pode ser feita com baixas morbidade e mortalidade e bons resultados tardios.
Keywords Tetralogy of Fallot
Heart defects, congenital
Treatment outcome
Child
Follow-up studies
Tetralogia de Fallot
Cardiopatias congênitas
Resultado de tratamento
Criança
Seguimentos
Language Portuguese
Date 2008-06-01
Published in Revista Brasileira de Cirurgia Cardiovascular. Sociedade Brasileira de Cirurgia Cardiovascular, v. 23, n. 2, p. 216-223, 2008.
ISSN 0102-7638 (Sherpa/Romeo)
Publisher Sociedade Brasileira de Cirurgia Cardiovascular
Extent 216-223
Origin http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/S0102-76382008000200011
Access rights Open access Open Access
Type Article
SciELO ID S0102-76382008000200011 (statistics in SciELO)
URI http://repositorio.unifesp.br/handle/11600/4422

Show full item record




File

Name: S0102-76382008000200011.pdf
Size: 100.9Kb
Format: PDF
Description:
Open file

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Search


Browse

Statistics

My Account